Sunday, October 07, 2007

Northern Rock

Eeee readers, it's only me.
I thought I'd just pop in to say hello to you all. Apparently, I've got a fan club.
They have a website (I can't find it) with all pictures of me. My Cecil says it shows me being all touched up. He says that's how the make photographs look neater on the wesbites which is nice.

So, Ada from across the street, not the L-E-S-B-I-A-N one, she's moved. Oh my. She's moved next door to me. This is a strange street sometimes. When people move house they stay in the same street. They never move away. Still, it gives me a frame of reference for the narrative and means that you won't get any nasty surprises, so anyway, Ada has been queuing up outside the Northern Rock for several weeks now. She saw the people outside and thought they was doing that carpetbagging thing and thought she'd get some money. Or a car. Or a pet. Or a carp. Or a carpet. Or a bag. Or a gin. Or gingseng. No one has the heart to tell her that it's a failing bank who were forced to compete viciously in the financial markets after they were forced from a mutual by people who wanted a couple of hundred quid, I don't think she'd understand me anyway. And anyway, she's enjoying the spirit of the Blitz all over again, and the camaraderie that comes from a group of people fearful of losing everything they've ever saved.

I'm laughing though, I don't have any savings anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eeeeeee Eth, it's me, Deirfre. How are you? It's lovely to read about you. Seeing your pathetic life crawl by in your street surrounded by deviants and perverts almost makes me feel better about my flatulence, warts and missing leg. Keep it up (but can Cecil)?